Saturday, January 16, 2016

'Epic Fail' from MartinC - General George Armstrong Custer


I found this round easier than the last and Custer sprung to my mind instantly when I thought of epic fail. An arrogant self publicist who risked his career to correct an injustice against the Sioux and then on his return lead his troops in to possibly the most famous massacre in the world. This ultimately sealed the fate for the Sioux.


The figure is from Foundry and is a great sculpt. 


Once again my painting is better than my photography and the shading is muted. I feel the need sometimes to paint them in the style of 1930's TV stars with really dark shading.



22 comments:

  1. A controversial soldier, and worthy of commemoration in this round - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my childhood heroes, Martin. Great work on Long-Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Martin! I was wondering if anybody would Remember Custer for the round! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers all. It was either him or the charge of the light brigade but that was too hard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Custer may be the epitome of "epic fail". I'm still looking for the right way to photo so it looks the same as in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have major photography issues. I don't take photos in real life and so only have a phone. Getting better with lighting and playing with settings but need a posh camera and don't want to buy one.

      Delete
  6. GreatworkMartin,IhadaCusterfigure,outbutdecidedagainstit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work Martin,I had a Custer figure, out but decided against it. As you may guess my spacebar isn't working!!!

      Delete
    2. Time for a new computer Ray. Epic Fail!

      Delete
    3. noproblemIfullyunderstand.Giveitashake

      Delete
  7. Great choice of subject Martin. He came to a pretty bad end didn't he.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can tell he was a dick. Rule 1. Don't be a dick

      Delete
    2. The world would be a much better place if everyone followed this rule.

      Delete